Tuesday, November 3, 2009

BECOME THE CHANGE YOU WANT TO SEE - VOLUNTEER

Yesterday my FB status was Become the change that you want to see.

On Sunday, my Pastor preached about becoming a doer and not just a hearer of the Word of God. Being a doer of the Word is not just about reading the Word, praying, fellow shipping, and even serving within the church. It goes beyond the walls of the church to your community.

A lot of things have happened this year in Chicago that are mind boggling. As I watch the news and read the newspaper I shook my head thinking about the Youth of today and how lost they seem to be. Well me talking about it is going to do nothing to change the situation.

God will send you just what you need when you need it. Yesterday I asked about volunteer opportunities here and I didn't get any responses. This morning a commercial came on We TV and directed me to http://www.wetv.com/about-vol.html.

Today I have signed up to be an ePal. I also contacted The All Stars Project Organization (poor and low-income children and young adults in Chicago) as well as the Chicago Christian Industrial League (to provide interviewing coaching), and will lastly be contacting the Tap Root Foundation (to provide HR Consulting).

God did not give me talents to keep to myself and those closest to me.

I did my part and took the 1st step and I will let God do the rest!


There are great volunteer opportunities at http://www.wetv.com/about-vol.html just put in your zip code anywhere in the US and opportunities will come up.

This is where I am in my life right now, this is what I was led to do. Do what it is that works best for you just wanted to share.

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment