Monday, July 21, 2014

MINDSET & MOTIVATION MONDAYS ~ ALL BY YOURSELF

As soon as I wrote the title I thought of song lyrics, All by myself, I don't want to be all by myself. Well, sometimes it is great and necessary to be All by Yourself.

I remember growing up, when I would see people eating alone, at the movies etc.  I thought they must be lonely individuals.  One day while having a conversation with my mother, she used to travel for work, she stated how she enjoyed the time by herself.  It took me to get to my late 20s before I understood what she meant.  Now I find myself eating alone, going to the movies by myself, and soon I will take myself to the lake front or somewhere peaceful and quiet just to chill and relax and be, all by myself!

Today, I finished reading 'The Magic of Thinking Big'.  The last chapter was about leadership.  It stated that leaders spend time alone with their own thoughts regularly.  This is still a frightening thing for me to do, it is a frightening thing for many people to do.  To be alone, by themselves, with their own thoughts without distractions.  No books, no phones, no tablets, no TV, nothing.  Just you, yourself, and your thoughts, All by Yourself!

I believe it can be frightening because it forces us to go inside ourselves.  However, it also forces us to face many things about ourselves.  In that alone time, we are able to come up with great solutions.  That is if we are solution focused during this time.  This isn't the time to think about all that is wrong or have a whoa as me pity party.  This is a time to be real with yourself, think, reflect and examine your thoughts.  Are they self defeating or self motivating?  Are they thoughts of hopelessness or hope?

Once you determine that figure out where the thoughts are coming from.  Are you allowing outside temporary circumstances to dictate your internal feelings?  If your internal feelings are aligned with your outside circumstances, change your thoughts IMMEDIATELY.  

Remember thoughts become things, what you think about you bring about so choose your thoughts wisely, your feelings will follow and so will the experiences in your life.  


The book suggest spending at least 30 minutes alone each day.  This morning after reading, I made myself a cup a tea, I wrote out my creative visualization exercise from a couple of weeks ago, then I set on my couch with my tea looking at my vision board.  That was my quiet time all by myself with my own thoughts.  I also do yoga most mornings and some exercise all by myself.

It is a great thing to be able to sit in stillness with your thoughts and your breath.  

Its time to be All By Yourself...... 

Be blessed and be a blessing.

Namaste, Peace, Love, Joy, Abundance, Health and Vitality to ALL


If you would like your business featured in Spotlight Saturdays, contact us.

Epiphany Essentials Links
Twitter: @epiphanyessenti https://twitter.com/EpiphanyEssenti
Email: epiphanyessentials@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment