Monday, October 27, 2014

MOTIVATION AND MINDSET MONDAYS: TAKE CHARGE

It's been a long time, we shouldn't have left you without so great Motivation and Information to wake up to on a regular basis.  We here at Epiphany Essentials will admit that we allowed LIFE to get in the way of our ability to provide the quality, quantity, and content we worked so hard to bring to our faithful and loyal readers.

We did a rebranding in 2014, we fell off a bit and now it is time to get back on track.  What happened? Again, we here or I the editor, founder, creator, and owner like to call it LIFE.  I let life get in the way.  All was going smoothly and then some bumps in the road came.  I was side swiped, had to take a detour, and was also in a head on collision so to speak.  Did I stop being motivated? Totally 100% NO, as life goes on.  Did I give up briefly and walk away from tried and true methods that I know work? Totally 100% ABSOLUTELY......

As I began to get out of my funk and turn sh*t into sugar as I call it as I was surely given some lemons and had to figure out how to make the lemonade without a source of water nor sugar, nevertheless, I made it happen!  I began finding things and information to assist me.  Things also slowly started turning around.  Well, I can't really say things turned around....

When I changed my outlook I saw the things I was looking at differently.  There is opportunity in EVERYTHING.  There is a lesson in EVERYTHING.  Once we rid ourselves of the pity party and once again face adulthood rationally we find the lesson or the opportunity and capitalize on it.

So what happened to me?  I purchased a building, it was 50% occupied, I found a property manager to help me out as I did not want to deal with the tenants directly nor do I want them to know I own the building.  Things were going GREAT! The property manager (PM) was negotiating leases, collecting rental payments and had a handy man crew to help fix/repair things in the vacant units.  Then.....it happened.....the PM ran off with 2 rent payments from the same tenant.  Now the 1st rent payment (in cash) he collected, he claimed would be used to fix the kitchen sink in one of the units.  The 2nd rent payment the PM gave me the run around for a week before I decided enough was enough!  Not only that he had the keys to the units so now I have to "break into" my own property.

Once in the property I notice the sink wasn't fixed.  Well it was fixed half way and has been leaking for a month which has caused mold damage which means I now need a new kitchen cabinet!!!!!! Not to mention the cost incurred from buying new locks etc.  Fun, happy, happy, joy, joy.

Top that off with unhappy tenants having trouble cohabitating and doing the simplest things/locking doors.  Still needing to get more tenants and do minor repairs in the units to make that all happen.  This dream was slowly becoming a NIGHTMARE.

However, I had to remind myself, collecting rent is the minimum part of property ownership, you are now truly an entreprenuer and a manager and you must manage your investment hands-on!

Then, I read a few quotes that caught my attention and helped me put my situtation in persepective and I share them with you.

"When the universe is giving you what you want finally, it will also bring you stuff you don't want to see how you balance."

That quote was the final aha moment needed to get back up, dust my self off and move forward.  Once I decided to do so, I went back to positive affirmations, yoga, sun gazing, thinking success, I remixed my 2014 Chief Aim Statement and some great things happened:

  • I found a decent handy man, so far so good
  • I found a gentleman to maintain my properties lawn
  • I decided to put the $$$ necessary into fixing the units so they can be rented........and then........
  • I received an unexpected check in the mail, I called to confirm the bill was indeed paid in full and the check was mine
  • I received another unexpected chec in the mail
  • I remembered I had cash in my ShareBuilder account from some money I made off of stock investments earlier in the year
Things started turning around when I DECIDED no matter what to take charge............

Take charge, of what? My life, OWN every aspect of it. Do what is necessary to live my life on purpose.

You may have experienced disappointment, lack, set backs, loss etc. Nevertheless, you are still here, life goes on, and you must Take Charge, OWN your Life, and be in CONTROL. ~ Epiphany Essentials Management ‪#‎DreamsToRealityEmpowermentEvent‬ Coming Soon

Namaste, Peace, Love, Joy, Abundance, Health and Vitality to ALL!

Epiphany Essentials Links
Twitter: @epiphanyessenti https://twitter.com/EpiphanyEssenti
Email: epiphanyessentials@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment