Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Wellness Wednesdays - Clear Skin Starts on the Inside - Oil Wins Again

Oil pulling, I was introduced to this concept earlier this year and I adopted it.  Oil pulling is simply using preferably coconut oil first thing in the morning before doing anything else to clean the toxins and germs out of your mouth.

Take a small amount of coconut oil, place it in your mouth and begin to swish it around like mouthwash.  This should be done for at least 20 minutes.  Let me tell you that 20 minutes is along time attempting to oil pull if you are not occupied with other things.  I usually prepare my water for tea, wash any dishes left over from the night before, apply my oil to my face and prep my hair to name a few things while oil pulling.

During the time of the pull DO NOT SWALLOW!  Once your 20 minutes are up, spit the contents of your mouth out into the garbage, not your sink, toilet etc., the garbage.  Then prepare some warm salt water and rinse your mouth with that.  Finally brush your teeth like usual.

We prefer to use baking soda and peroxide to brush our teeth.  As soon as we purchase a container we will make a paste using baking soda, peroxide, and coconut oil.

Healthy, natural.  Oil pulling works wonders on your oral health and has amazing benefits for your skin as well!


No comments:

Post a Comment