Wednesday, August 1, 2012

WHAT ARE WE TEACHING OUR GIRLS? Part 2

Monday I decided to humor myself and go on www.necolebitchie.com to read up on the latest celebrity gossip....don't judge me!!!!

And I came across an article about a new song from Shanelle "These Hoes Is Winning" my first thought was OMG are you serious!!!!!
Sample lyrics....

I hate to admit it/good girls are not in style today/ try to be committed/niggas ain’t worth it anyway/ love ain’t got sh*t to do with it/ these boys been leading us astray
She never gets cheated on/ Gets all the gifts that make her smile/ Flights across the Pacific/ While his girl’s home watching his child/ Don’t let him tell you that they don’t love these hoes, come on


Read more: New Music: Shanell ft. Too Short – “These Hoes is Winning” | Necole Bitchie.com and see the video if you so choose.

These hoes is winning, from what I've read about the song it appears it encourages girls to believe that to win with a man you have to be a hoe.  Now this could be the furthest thing from the truth but to a young undeveloped mind this may be the conclusion they come to after hearing the song.

It appears that respectable women or Proverbs 31 type women get the short end of the stick but hoes win! Once again OMG I can say I am glad at this point I don't have a daughter.  I would love to have one, one day but I feel at the rate music and TV is going I will have to become amish and shelther my daughter from the media.

Again I ask, What are we teaching our girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment