Wednesday, October 24, 2012

RELIGION, POLITICS AND CONQUERORS...

Hosea 4: 6 (KJV) My people perish from a lack of knowledge.



So I began to seek Knowledge, not only that I began to seek the Most High for Matthew 6:33 "New International Version (©1984)
But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."

I realized seeking the Kingdom and His righteous couldn't possibly be contained in one book.  I believe that many religions have bits and pieces right but have also added and omitted things to suit them as they see fit.  What does that mean for me? That means I seek the truth that sits well within my own spirit and soul and I go with that.  I believe in LOVE, PEACE, JOY, KINDNESS etc.  and I believe that ALL religions teach that.  However, the sheer essence of RELIGION is ANTI-"GOD" but that is just my opinion.

So in my seeking I came across the 42 Confessions of Ma'at and how they compare to the 10 Commandments (http://xenophilius.wordpress.com/2008/03/11/42-principles-of-maat-2000-years-before-ten-commandments/)

Here is one collection to give you the general idea:
I have not done iniquity.
I have not robbed with violence.
I have not stolen.
I have not made any to suffer pain.
I have not defrauded offerings.
I have done no murder nor bid anyone to slay on my behalf.
I have not trimmed the measure.
I have not spoken lies I have not robbed God.
I have not caused the shedding of tears.
I have not dealt deceitfully.
I have not acted guilefully.
I have not laid waste to the land.
I have not set my lips against anyone.
I have not been angry or wrathful without a just cause.
I have not lusted nor defiled the wife of any man.
I have not polluted myself.
I have not caused terror.
I have not done that which is abominable.
I have not multiplied words exceedingly.
I have never uttered fiery words.
I have not judged hastily.
I have not transgressed nor have I vexed or angered God.
I have not stopped my ears against the words of Right and Truth .
I have not burned with rage.
I have not worked grief.
I have not acted with insolence.
I have not avenged myself.
I have not stirred up strife.
I have not been an eavesdropper.
I have not wronged the people
I have done no harm nor have I done evil
I have not worked treason.
I have never fouled the water.
I have not spoken scornfully.
I have never cursed God.
I have not behaved with arrogance.
I have not envied or craved for that which belongs to another.
I have not filched food from the mouth of the infant.
I have done no hurt unto man, nor wrought harm unto beasts.
I have never magnified my condition beyond what was fitting.
Here is a different translation showing how they correlate with the 10 commandments. Moses was an Egyptian (he was adopted by an Egyptian royal family) and would have been familiar with these principles:
THE 42 COMMANDMENTS OF ANCIENT EGYPT
I. Thou shalt not kill, nor bid anyone kill.
II. Thou shalt not commit adultery or rape.
III. Thou shalt not avenge thyself nor burn with rage.
IV.Thou shalt not cause terror.
V. Thou shalt not assault anyone nor cause anyone pain.
VI. Thou shalt not cause misery.
VII. Thou shalt not do any harm to man or to animals.
VIII. Thou shalt not cause the shedding of tears.
IX. Thou shalt not wrong the people nor bear them any evil intent.
X. Thou shalt not steal nor take that which does not belong to you.
XI.Thou shalt not take more than thy fair share of food.
XII.Thou shalt not damage the crops, the fields, or the trees.
XIII.Thou shalt not deprive anyone of what is rightfully theirs.
XIV. Thou shalt not bear false witness, nor support false allegations.
XV. Thou shalt not lie, nor speak falsely to the hurt of another.
XVI.Thou shalt not use fiery words nor stir up any strife.
XVII.Thou shalt not speak or act deceitfully to the hurt of another.
XVIII.Thou shalt not speak scornfully against others.
XIX.Thou shalt not eavesdrop.
XX.Thou shalt not ignore the truth or words of righteousness.
XXI.Thou shalt not judge anyone hastily or harshly.
XXII.Thou shalt not disrespect sacred places.
XXIII.Thou shalt cause no wrong to be done to any workers or prisoners.
XXIV.Thou shalt not be angry without good reason.
XXV.Thou shalt not hinder the flow of running water.
XXVI.Thou shalt not waste the running water.
XXVII.Thou shalt not pollute the water or the land.
XXVIII. Thou shalt not take God’s name in vain.
XXIX.Thou shalt not despise nor anger God.
XXX.Thou shalt not steal from God.
XXXI.Thou shalt not give excessive offerings nor less than what is due.
XXXII. Thou shalt not covet thy neighbor’s goods.
XXXIII.Thou shalt not steal from nor disrespect the dead.
XXXIV. Thou shalt remember and observe the appointed holy days.
XXXV.Thou shalt not hold back the offerings due God.
XXXVI.Thou shalt not interfere with sacred rites.
XXXVII.Thou shalt not slaughter with evil intent any sacred animals.
XXXVIII.Thou shalt not act with guile or insolence.
XXXIX.Thou shalt not be unduly proud nor act with arrogance.
XL.Thou shalt not magnify your condition beyond what is appropriate.
XLI.Thou shalt do no less than your daily obligations require.
XLII.Thou shalt obey the law and commit no treason.

Then I read the best explanation that would lead one to caution the intent of their religion: 

"

Tiger Lily said


The thing everyone seems to forget is that for the most part, all religions preach the same things because they steal from each other. There are political motivations involved everytime a new religion is started or an old religion is overthrown. People didn’t just say “Oh, God chose me to tell you about him and to tell you to have a good day. bye bye.” No. They created uprisings, had rebellions, and overthrew governments. They mixed beliefs to appease the overthrown and then created new ideas because it was in their best interest. It has nothing to do with race. The ancient Egyptian religion did not at any time say that their race was better than anyone else’s. They did not run to other countries trying to convert them. No, they knew their beliefs. They knew their Gods. They also knew that they were judged individually based on their own life, not anyone else’s. I myself am Kemetic Orthodox. Am I of African descent? Not in the least, I’m as white as a white girl can get. However, I don’t go around telling people to worship my way. It’s not my place to judge. It’s not anyone’s place to judge, remember? Are the commandments based on the confessions of Ma’at. Absolutely. Moses wanted an uprising, he had political motivation, and he needed a reason and some basis of familiar ground to convince the masses. Brilliant political strategy. But that’s all it was. Entire religions are built on political strategy. Empires are destroyed in the name of God. They are also created in the same name. Funny how that works, isn’t it? But nobody ever remembers that."

I love this comment as well...

"Powerful. Sadly, most native/African people have been caught up on pseudo-religions of their European and Saudi Arabian oppressors, and today, are lost as to their original religions and spirituality. May we free ourselves from mental and spiritual bondage that keeps us enslaved to whatever the system wants us to do, think, say."

Again, I am just a seeker on a journey that is sharing information.  Take it, leave it, love it, hate it.  This is my journey toward spiritual awareness and awaken-ness. We each have our own...

In search of truth, knowledge, and wisdom....

No comments:

Post a Comment