Friday, February 27, 2015


We have a book club and we are finishing reading How To Be Invisible.  The author JJ Luna states that you shouldn't buy anything if you can't pay cash for it. In his statement, he includes EVERYTHING including cars and homes.  Interesting theory and approach and it would be great if all of us could pay CASH for everything.  

However, there are other "experts" like Robert Kiyosaki who speak on good debt as in real estate investments or anything that is an asset.  An asset is something that puts money in your pocket on a regular basis!

Nevertheless, most of us feel the "need" to finance certain things.  My father also has the approach if you can't pay cash for it, you don't need it.  However, my father will finance a car or a home.  Other than that, he believes in saving up, waiting and paying CASH.

I'm sure many of you if not all reading this have heard, CASH is KING!

Growing up with a father who is very disciplined when it comes to finances.  My father didn't get a credit card until after he bought a home in his 30s and he doesn't believe in carrying cash balances. It was a bit disturbing to me to know that people finance items like couches, washing machines, dryers, televisions, etc.  This includes buying clothes, shoes and other items on credit cards and not paying the balance off immediately.

So our 2 cents if you want to know is, if you must finance something make sure its a home, car or a big ticket item that is absolutely necessary like a furnace for your home, new roof on your investment property etc.  Why? Anything else isn't a need its a want and you should save up to get it as opposed to financing the item and paying 4 to 10x as much for it instead of just waiting, saving, and paying cash.

By the time you wait and save the money, you may realize you don't really want or need what it is you were thinking about financing.  

Here is a great example of why, a $5,000 loan at 5% interest over a 4 year 2 month period.  The total interest payments are over $8,000 and that is just the interest.  You end up paying almost 3x as much for an item!!!! 5% interest is low, most credit card rates are at minimum 10%, store cards are usually hire around 20% and some are paying high interest rates on car loans (we definitely don't recommend that, always ask for the car interest rate amount you will notice dealers usually speak payments only.


There are 308 days left in this year, make them count!!!!!!

You may have experienced disappointment, lack, set backs, loss etc. Nevertheless, you are still here, life goes on, and you must Take Charge, OWN your Life, and be in CONTROL. ~ 

UPCOMING EVENTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Emerge: Spread Your Wings Workshop visit for more information and to purchase your tickets today!

Epiphany Essentials Management ‪#‎DreamsToRealityEmpowermentEvent‬ Coming October 2015 Stay Tuned for Details!!!!!!!

by Jamesia Johnai Hawk
Namaste, Peace, Love, Joy, Abundance, Health and Vitality to ALL!

Epiphany Essentials Links
Twitter: @epiphanyessenti

No comments:

Post a Comment