Wednesday, November 25, 2015

Wellness Wednesdays - How Does It Feel?

I am writing this blog on Sunday morning, after eating a kale chopped salad with cabbage and brussel sprouts and it came to mind, how the food made me feel after eating it.  I topped it with a Fuji Apple Viniagrette dressing.  I feel light and energized.  I compare this feeling to how I felt Saturday after eating a Filet-O-Fish meal with extra tartar sauce from McDonald's. I felt sluggish, tired, and overly full.  These feelings let me know as I listen and pay attention to my body what foods are fueling my body and what foods are filling my body yet are void of nutritional value.

Many people when they become hungry immediately eat something and let's be hones most of the food is not healthy, most of it isn't truly FOOD!  Often times one finds themselves still hungry after.  One is still hungry because the nutrients the body was craving haven't been provided to the body.

As you go througout your day, eating today ask yourself How does it feel, how do I feel after I eat these foods?


No comments:

Post a Comment