Tuesday, May 11, 2010

MOTHERS WHO SACRIFICE

Part of being a great mother is making sacrifices for their children.

I think of my grandmother I used to tell her grandma your food is getting cold go ahead and eat. Her response would always be I have 8 kids I haven't had a hot meal in a long time....she's a mother who sacrificed.

I saw an old friend on the train last week and thought to myself that can't be her on the green line she lives in the South suburbs. Then I remembered she sends her children to a charter school on the West Side of Chicago that they have been attending since they were little girls. So she gets up early in the morning, takes her children to school, parks and then catches the train to work all by 8:30A everyday.....she's a mother who is sacrificing.

Then I thought about another friend of mine whom her husbands grandmother kept all of her kids until they were walking and talking and then she sent them to day care. She drove from the West Suburbs to the West Side of Chicago only to drive back to work in the West Suburbs to go back to the West Side to pick her son up to drive back to the West Suburbs to go home....she's a mother who sacrificed!

Now it is my turn, my son will be attending a great school on 16th & Avers. I will be taking him to school everyday then driving back to the train to take the train to work....I will be a sacrificing mother.

To all the mothers who have sacrificed time, energy, sleep, who have gone without for the well-being of your kids. Your sacrificing is not in vain. Even when your kids don't seem to appreciate you know that you did all that you could and what was best to fulfill your duty as a mother.

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

3 comments:

  1. Amen! So many people ask me why do I send my son to a school that is so far away? My respond is this ss the opportunity afforded to my son and I will encourage him to take full advantage. I get up every morning at 5am to get him to the school bus by 6:30am. I go back 1 mile to take my younger son to school and then go to work which is in the opposite direction. By no means am I complaining. I thank God for giving me the resources and mindset to make these sacrifices. So mothers keep doing what you doing it will pay off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A mother who is sacrificing Halllelujah! That is a part of our job :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. And now you know you are not alone!!!!!

    ReplyDelete