Wednesday, November 17, 2010

CAR BUYING TAKE 2: BEWARE OF THE FINANCE MANAGER

So I picked up my new car yesterday. My thought was that I was picking up the car and signing the paperwork a quick fast and easy process.

Oh how wrong was I, when I sat down with the finance manager he had a paper offering a platinum, gold, silver, and bronze package. These packages would add up to thousands on my finance amount and potentially a hundred dollars plus to my car note.

For what you ask? An extra warranty, lo jack, gap, and a couple other services that I can't remember but I'd already determined I didn't need! And yes he described each and every package. When I declined of course he wanted to go back and forth as to why I didn't want it and how it was such a great offer and so necessary. I am buying a brand new car that is under warranty if it breaks down that is a problem and these cars are dependable vehicles so why would I need such things on a quality car?

For example the lo jack he went on to say how people steal parts from hybrid cars and blah, blah, blah...and my car could potentially get stolen and the police would find it with in 90 minutes blah, blah, blah!

It got to a point where I almost sat my religion aside, I told the man, look I am tired and ready to go home, I do not want it.

Did he give up? No he kept going well what if I give you this and it will only be an additional $2 on your car note. Admittedly I finally said yes so I could get the heck up out of there but I did read the fine print that said I have 30 days to cancel no harm no foul. That extra $2/month on my note was adding $800 to the total amount I am financing.

I couldn't sleep last night, as soon as I woke up this morning I called the finance manager to inform him that I didn't want the gap. I also sent an email. On top of that my spirit is so uneasy that I have decided not to use there financing as they were still playing a numbers game last night and will go through with the financing that I obtained before I chose a car!

So, the persistence of the finance manager just lost the dealership more money because I will not be financing through the dealer and definitely won't be getting gap as my financing doesn't cover that anyway!!!!


Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment