Monday, January 11, 2016

MINDSET & MOTIVATION MONDAY'S - What's your focus, winning or not losing?

Happy New Year! It's the 2nd Monday of 2016, today is a NEW DAY. Now is the time to pursue your dreams and happiness relentlessly.

What are you focused on, winning or not losing?  You may think these are the same things, to not lose after all means to win.  While this is true there is a significant difference especially when it comes to your subconscious mind.

Friday evening my son and I played NBA 2K15 or 16.  I haven't played a video game in over 15 years.  He only taught me how to shoot and pass, that's it, now we all know there is more to basketball than passing and shooting.  The first quarter was BRUTAL, my son scored 20 to my 0 points.  

I decided and set my mind to winning, my son set his mind to not losing to his momma.  Finally by the 2nd quarter I began to get the hang of the game, I was holding the button too long therefore I was missing most of my shots.  Finally I was within 10, than 7, than 2.  My son started cheating a bit as he was focused on not losing to his momma!

Guess, who won the game? You guessed it me.  Not only was I focused on winning, I also played fairly.  Many become desperate because they don't want to lose and do things that aren't "right" they may lie, cheat, steal, deceive, and just be a slimy grease ball.  Usually because they've taken their focus off winning and already put themselves in a lower position focused on not losing.  

My son plays ball with his school team and I told him, its not over until its over.  Don't focus on the score, mind the clock and keep your head in the game at all times.

So I ask you again, when you face challenges, obstacles, or simply try something new.  Are you focused on winning or not losing?


Jamesia Johnai
Personal Empowerment Advocate


Join our Monthly - Mindset & Motivation Webinar - this webinar happens the 1st Monday of every month at 8:30PM CST sign-up today at Epiphany Essentials Mindset & Motivation Monthly Webinar the first webinar is taking place Monday, February 1st.  Reserve your spot today, space is limited.


BECOME AN EPIPHANY ESSENTIALS ENGAGER!!!!

How do you become an engager?

Its simple follow us on Twitter @epiphanyessenti, like our page on FaceBook and Instagram @EpiphanyEssentials and finally subscribe to our mailing list at www.epiphanyessentials.com .

Last and definitely not least - Tweet and FaceBook - "I am an Epiphany Essentials Engager" tag us in the post @EpiphanyEssentials #EpiphanyEssentialsEngager 
  • Receive discounts on all events, conferences, products and promotions - 20% off
  • Learn about all of our products, events, and anything Epiphany Essentials first

No comments:

Post a Comment