Yesterday I was able to watch the Doctors and they had 52 ways to lose weight. Admittedly I will not be sharing all 52 but some highlights from the show.
A representative from Prevention magazine was a guest host and she spoke about the 1600 calorie eating plan. For more details visit www.prevention.com highlights are below:
- You do not have to change your diet, while making some changes would be ideal it is all about portion control.
- Eat 4 400 calorie meals per day
- Yes you can still eat Chinese food, Italian food, etc. it is all about portion control
- So when you go to the restaurant throw out the rule your mom taught you of eating everything on your plate!
Other helpful tips:
- Beware when at the movies, a medium popcorn and soda (without you adding butter and salt) is the equivalent of eating 4 quarter pound burgers!
- So ladies share with your date on movie night as your waist will definitely thank you later!
- Go bun less sometimes. Every time you get a burger out you don't have to eat the bun...
- Eat dairy, drink milk. It is filled with protein and will help fill you up in between meals and aid in slimming your waist line
- Stand more during the day, it burns more calories than sitting
- If possible take the stairs, its not always necessary to take the escalator or elevator
- Park farther from the door when shopping or out etc.
- Cook more at home, brown bag it, and eat out less...This will save you $$$ and help you maintain/lose weight
- Use smaller plates when eating
- Eat with the lights dimmed, bright lights increase your anxiety and make you eat more
- Do jumping jacks, run in place, laugh, squats, sit-ups/crunches, stretch
- Get moving and be active
- Watch less TV and don't snack when watching television
These are just some small tips that you can implement right now. You don't have to go out and buy any products or equipment!
I see a healthier fitter you in 2010. Your goals are in reach, you can achieve weight loss and a healthier you by managing portions and changing the way you think about food. Of course if you want some cookies or chocolate cake by all means indulge just watch your portions.
Again visit www.prevention.com as well as www.thedoctorstv.com for more helpful tips to help you achieve your fitness and weight loss goals. Also visit www.ardysslife.com/epiphanyessentials (nutrition tab) great multi-vitamins, digestive support products, and other natural products that help aid your body in eliminating unnecessary waste while keeping vital necessary nutrients.
Managing your weight and taking care of your body should not be seen as a fad but as a lifestyle!!!!!!!
Be a blessing and be blessed,