Thursday, June 17, 2010

The 1st Man to Show Me Real Love Part 2

I love my daddy because he first loved me. He used to tease me about how long my mom was in labor. He told me, he could've drove to New York and back and I still wouldn't have been here. Nevertheless like any expectant father he sat there and waited.

Only to find out that his baby girl was born with jaundice and air in her lungs/chest and need surgery! So my mommy had to go home from the hospital without her baby I had to stay a couple extra weeks and she was distraught about it.

Maybe my daddy loves me so much because just when he experienced having me in the world he also experienced the reality that I just might not make it. It could also be because I am the splitting image of him I am not sure.

What I do know is my daddy has an unconditional love for me. There is not anyone on the face of this earth that can tell my daddy anything about me that he would believe not no one not even my momma. If he didn't see it or hear it, I didn't do it!

I love my daddy because when word got to him that I was thinking about moving in with a man. He called me and said now Johnai I didn't raise you like that, does this man plan on marrying you? I answered my daddy's questions, he spoke his peace and let me know he didn't agree and he left the conversation alone. He didn't try to beat me over the head with his opinion after all I was grown but as my father and as a man he bestowed his wisdom and knowledge.

I love my daddy because he has always been there. I cannot remember a time when he wasn't there when I needed him EVER. I love my daddy because although he is not a devout Christian or overly spiritual he has an understanding of unconditional love, that love that the bible speaks of in 1 Corinthians 13. He embodies that in his relationship with me.

I love my daddy because he first loved me.

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

1 comment: