Wednesday, June 16, 2010

The 1st Man to Show Me Real Love

I love my daddy and I am a daddy's girl and proud of it! He is the 1st man to ever love me unconditionally and has done so since the day that I was born.

I have a lot of vivid memories of my father and there is one thing that I know he has always been there (the tears are forming now).

I believe that the 1st man to love any girl/woman is her father. Unfortunately that is not always the case.

Let me take you down memory lane......

At 5 I was hit by a car. My daddy came up to the hospital every night after work right around dinner time. He would get soooo upset because I had sloppy joe like every night for dinner. He would fuss and tell me I needed to eat something else but what was I supposed to do it was hospital food and I was 5. He wouldn't press too much and of course I ended up getting my way.

When I was 9 I went to visit my mother's aunt in Minnesota. I was having a good time at first but I was ready to come home. So my daddy rounded up a couple of his friends drove to Minnesota and came to get his baby. He let me know I didn't have to stay anywhere I didn't want to be and he would come and get me.

Around that same age I thought the man had completely lost his mind. He asked me one day while riding in the car, if the house was on fire and I could only save him or my momma who would I save? I couldn't believe it and had sense enough not to answer the question. However weird it may sound my daddy wanted me to love him more than I loved anyone else (well that's how I took it).

Then at about 15 I had an epiphany. My daddy never says those 3 words....I love you. So I asked him daddy do you love me. His response was the lights are on, the heat is on, the bills are paid, there is food in the refrigerator, I pick you up from school everyday.

What my daddy was telling me loud and clear was YES I love you and that love is evident in the fact that I take care of and provide for you. At that moment I was ok and to this very day we rarely say the words I LOVE YOU but we show it to each other all the time. I love my daddy, yes I do and my daddy loves!

My daddy worked 16 hours shifts to put me through college at the University of Illinois and it was all paid for in cash! I did not take out 1 undergraduate student loan. He would drive down to Champaign just to take me and my friends out to dinner or to come and help us move into another apartment.

My daddy is the best daddy in the world in my opinion and no one can tell me differently.

Happy Father's Day Daddy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

1 comment: