"...give thanks in all circumstances, for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus." I Thessalonians 5:18. As a Christian we are supposed to give thanks in all things, as a Christian we are supposed to draw men to Christ. If you are a bible toting and reading, church going Christian that gets upset easily and complains often your light is not shining, we won't our lights to shine our sole purpose in life is to praise and worship God, to be so on fire for God that everything around us gets consumed by the fire.
How do we give thanks and recognize God's goodness?
- For waking you up this morning
- For the new mercy and grace you received today
- that you are alive and well
- that all your senses are working
- that all of your limbs are working
- that the blood is flowing through your body to your brain
- for the roof over your head
- food to eat
- clothes on your back
- shoes on your feet
- for love, peace, and joy
- for his blessing and favor
- for his hedge of protection
- you are breathing on your own
- you were able to take a shower this morning
- when you pull up somewhere and get a park in the front
- that you are employed
- that you can feed yourself and eat on your own
There is so much to be thankful for at all times. Imagine if you spent your time thanking God for his goodness constantly and continuously, you would not have time to complain. Even if you cannot thank Him for everything about there is something that you can be thankful for.
So Joel gave a scenario, he spoke about how he and some friends were standing somewhere and they decided to walk off. Moments later a huge branch fell from the tree they'd been standing by. Had they been standing there they could have all been hurt. At that moment Joel recognized God for his goodness and thanked him. Joel said, ok, I can see someone saying Joel I was in an accident this week and my car was totalled. Joel said thank God anyway it could have been worst you could be dead! Even if you ended up in the hospital, you still have your life, even if you ended up without legs, you still have your arms etc.
There is ALWAYS something to be thankful for in ALL situations. You have to choose to recognize God's goodness and thank him.
Be blessed and be a blessing,