Thursday, September 15, 2011

YOU ARE YOUR OWN WORST ENEMY

Sometimes after Pastor Winston, Living Word Christian Center, programs goes off, First Church of God Christian Life Center, with Pastor Monté L. G. Dillard comes on. His message yesterday was that we can be our own worst enemy or we can be our own best friend.

Reference scripture:

Romans 7:14-25 "14 We know that the law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. 15 I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. 16 And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. 17 As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. 18 For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature.[c] For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. 19 For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do—this I keep on doing. 20 Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.

21 So I find this law at work: Although I want to do good, evil is right there with me. 22 For in my inner being I delight in God’s law; 23 but I see another law at work in me, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within me. 24 What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is subject to death? 25 Thanks be to God, who delivers me through Jesus Christ our Lord!"


This one will be short and to the point:



  • You have enough going on in your own life, your own battles that you shouldn't talk about others

  • You shouldn't talk about others because you should be focused on getting yourself right

  • They are who they are, they have their own battles as do you, concentrate on you

  • As a married man/woman you may be struggling with infidelity and your thoughts, you are in control of them

  • Your thoughts control your life, not the devil

  • Satan may plant the seed but you water it and make it grow all on your own through your thoughts

Mind your own business and focus on yourself. Why? because you can barely control yourself, desires, and personal struggles how can you cast judgment on another. We are all different, come from different backgrounds and experiences that have made us who we are today. Just as you can change some of the things about yourself and not hold onto the notion "this is how I am this is how I was born and raised," you don't necessarily do so. You cannot expect to say what someone else needs to change about them and it happen, when you aren't willing to amke changes with yourself. Deal with your own internal demons and grow yourself in faith and in God. That is how you turn from being your worst enemy to your own best friend. Speak well of yourself and think highly of yourself and in that manner your views and thoughts of others will change as well. As for the most part we only see in others what is in ourselves. So if you see negative in someone else, get the negative out of yourself first etc.


That was a great message that was well received by myself because I am growing and developing and making much needed changes. I pray this helped someone else as well.


Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment