Thursday, February 2, 2012

BORED AND HUNGRY! WHAT'S ON YOUR PLATE

BORED AND HUNGRY!

You say you are hungry but you are not doing what it takes to eat!

How much down time do you have in your day? Be it at the office or at home? What do you do with that downtime? Let me be clear I am not condoning slacking off at work but what I will say is if you are spending time on the blogs, on FB, Twitter, and other social media networks yet you are hungry, you aren’t really trying to eat. How many hours of TV do you watch daily? Bill Winston said “I can tell you how much money you have/make by the amount of TV you watch!”

When we watch TV we are watching other people who have ultimately fulfilled their dreams and are living their lives be it actors, commentators, reality TV personalities etc. As we watch we sit and think sometimes and fantasize about the good life. We may even go to sleep and dream about having a better life yet, we rarely wake up and turn those fantasies and dreams into realities. This makes me think about a poster I saw in grammar school I believe it was Heathcliff, he had a book on top of his head and there was a quote that read, I learn by osmosis. Few things if any come by osmosis but there are things that can come through divine revelation.

George Washington Carver said he simply went in his room in the dark and would spend time with God and boom, he would just invent things using an unusual source, the peanut. That is the first step for us to eat, we need to spend time with God. Again we watch TV, we are on our Blackberry's, IPhones, IPads, the Internet we do a lot of things yet we are hungry. To eat, our first priority should be to connect with our creator, whether you call Him (It) Buddha, Yahweh, Jehovah, God, Most High, Supreme Being, etc. Spend time connecting with your higher power realize that there is something bigger than you outside of you that is your driving force. You and the Source are all that you need to fulfill your dreams and your deepest desires!

So why aren’t many of us living our dreams? Yesterday I found myself bored, for lack of a better word. As I was about to go out into the entertainment celebrity gossip blogs, I told myself, you have thoughts to start a business do some research on that and that is exactly what I did. I went online and requested a quote for insurance for this potential business so that I can begin gathering all the information needed to create a business plan. Now I have to say that it was in that moment of boredom that I had my epiphany. I am hungry but I’m really not trying to eat!

If I really wanted to eat, I would spend more time on my grind than I do “bored”, watching the idiot box, or surfing the web. How about you? If you are completely honest with yourself are there things you are doing or not doing that are keeping your from your dreams. This morning I was watching Bill Winston and he spoke on the fact that nothing outside of us creates our life, it is what is within us. We cannot blame the government, people, friends, family, employers or anyone besides ourselves for the conditions in which we live.

I am going to take a quote from the late Notorious B.I.G. “I'm just, tryin to stay above water ya'know/Just stay busy, stay workin/Puff told me like, the key to this joint/The key to staying, on top of things/is treat everything like it's your first project, knahmsayin?/Like it's your first day like back when you was an intern/
Like, that's how you try to treat things like, just stay hungry”

Even if you are eating, stay hungry. This doesn’t mean be greedy and gluttonous, it means always be sure you are creating and achieving goals. Once you meet goals that you have set, create new ones. Now if you are completely satisfied with your life as is great. Actually I am satisfied with my life, I am grateful for all that I have, I realized I am blessed. While I am grateful, I desire more.

I think about Kandi from the Real Housewives of Atlanta, she was in a Grammy Award winning R&B group, she is an accomplished successful songwriter, she is now on a reality TV show, has a clothing store, an Internet radio show, and will soon have her own television program, she is hungry and eating. Oprah, had a successful talk show and her own distribution company but she desired more her very own network, OWN, she is hungry and eating. There are other successful men and women of all colors whom I could use as examples that are hungry and eating. The creator of Twitter also created 4 Square and is already thinking of the next thing he can create event, he is hungry and eating.

So now I ask, what is on your plate. As I ask you, I am asking myself the same thing. I’m eating, I’m living, I’m blessed, I’m favored, I’m prospering however, am I living at my full God given potential? Probably not. What’s my hold up? ME, the woman in the mirror!!!!!

If we aren’t eating like we should it will be difficult for us to feed others. Yahweh blesses us to be a blessing to others. I saw this quote this morning and will end on this note, give you something to ponder…..

"We can't solve matters of lack with a scarcity consciousness." Mastin Kipp, The Daily Love (blog)


Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment