Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Lessons We Teach Our Children

This morning my son decided that he wanted to take a Popsicle for everyone at the day care including the provider and her husband. So he went to the freezer and begin pulling out Popsicles. Instantly a thought popped into my head if you take all of those Popsicles to school there won't be many left for you to eat. Before I spoke the words however a voice said to me its OK, he is sharing.

Now, keep in mind I just blogged yesterday about being a blessing in order to be blessed. And I asked myself why did I even think to say to my son oh maybe you should think before giving away your Popsicles about what you will have left for yourself.

I can surely buy him a new box when he runs out and there is nothing wrong with him sharing and I sincerely believe that you must give to receive. I am just glad this morning I was able to put my beliefs into action. I can blog all day about what I should do and what others should do yet it means nothing if I don't actually do it!

So when we arrived at the daycare I told my son that is very nice of him to share his Popsicles with his friends. Sharing is a good thing.

We can have fundamental beliefs on certain topics and situations. Nevertheless, when placed in a situation that causes us to act will our fundamental beliefs manifest or our own selfish desires and motives?

As a mother while I am teaching my child lessons it is good to know that I am learning from him at the same time.

To sum it up, practice what you preach because you are your child's first teacher!

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment