Monday, December 21, 2009

GIVING IN ACTION

Earlier this fall my cousin gave me a coat. At the time she gave it to me it was too big for my son but I told her I would just keep it until he grew in to it.

Then a friend of mine sent out an email a few weeks ago stating her organization was looking for donations for children in need. Last week however, a small voice said to me donate the coat that is in your trunk. Keep in mind the coat is brand new and still has the tag on it. So I chose to be obedient and Saturday I dropped the coat off to her home.

My friend looked at the coat, looked at the size and immediately told her husband the size and he began sending up praises, she started crying. She told me that I didn't know why she was crying and then expressed that they had been looking for a size 14 boy coat and had not found one. So there was 1 little boy that would have only received a pair of pyjamas but now he would receive a coat like every one else!

God is so awesome and He works through people. It is our job to be obedient whenever we hear the Spirit of the Lord speak to us.

Tis the season to give and bless others. It is always the season to do so and now is a great time like none other as there are so many in need.

Luke 6:38Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured to you."

2 Corinthians 9:7Each man should give what he has decided in his heart to give, not reluctantly or under compulsion, for God loves a cheerful giver.

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials


No comments:

Post a Comment