Monday, December 28, 2009

YOUR OUTLOOK MAKES A DIFFERENCE

This morning I woke up and as always while in the shower I prayed and sent praises up to the Most High. Then I woke my son up with kisses. The only thing was he didn't want to get out of the bed. So finally I picked him up out of the bed and placed him on his feet in order to make the bed.

He decided to sit in the floor although I told him it was time to go in the bathroom and brush his teeth, wash up etc. I am not the type of mother to continue to repeat myself. So I continued getting ready as he continued sitting on the floor. I began to tell myself despite this opposition today is going to be a great day, something great is going to happen to me today.

I arrived to work this morning pulled out a package of hot chocolate only to find someone had poked a hole in it and hot chocolate powder spilled everywhere in the kitchen. I still repeated in my head today is going to be a great day. After I added the hot water and proceeded to put the top on I accidentally stuck my finger in my hot chocolate causing some of it to spill. I still repeated and repeat to myself that today is and will continue to be a great day!

I do that because I refuse to be the type of person that allows something out of my control to ruin my day. Even if it were something that I could have prevented it is no reason to go through the day thinking this day is terrible and will probably get worse.

Our thoughts have power, they have energy and the ability to draw positive and negative experiences to us.

What's on your mind today? What will gravitate into your life today based on your thoughts?

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment