Wednesday, April 21, 2010

GIVE YOUR EMOTIONS NEW LIFE - JOEL OSTEEN

At some time or another, we all face hurts, disappointments and failures. And whether on our part or the part of others, these things definitely impact us and our emotions. The important thing is how we deal with our emotions.
Do we let them rule us or do we rule them? If there’s any one thing that can lead us down a road away from our potential, away from the awesome plan God has for us, away from the dreams we hold in our heart, I believe it’s our emotions. I meet people all the time who tell me, “Joel, I don’t feel like God is with me. I don’t feel like I’m living in His will. I don’t feel…”Maybe you’ve felt the same way. One day you feel like you’re living the life you’ve always dreamed of, but the next day circumstances change and you feel like you have no hope, nothing to get excited about or live for and your emotions are out of control.It’s like your emotions take you hostage!

The good news is, through the promises of His Word and the power of His spirit, God’s given you the ability to direct your emotions. And when you do, the course and quality of your life change forever.

It’s not complicated but in order to see a change, I’ve discovered something years ago which I have applied to my own life: you have to base your emotions on who God says you are and not on negative feelings or circumstances.
Remember, you are created in the image of Almighty God, and you were created to be victorious and experience healthy emotions.Make the choice today to see yourself the way that God sees you, and you’ll discover that nothing else compares to doing it God’s way.

But the Holy Spirit produces this kind of fruit in our lives: Love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control.Galatians 5:22-23
Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment