Monday, August 1, 2011

BE AT PEACE

I began to follow @thedailylove on twitter and I now subscribe to their daily emails. Today I read a quote that I would like to share with all of you. Actually almost everyday there is a quote that makes me think, inspires, encourages, or challenges my thinking in some way and I tweet them from @epiphanyessentials (follow me) and they also appear on my FaceBook page.

Today's quote made me think about my life, and more importantly my work environment. In my personal life it is easy for me to be at peace and find a place of peace but it is sometimes difficult in my office. Usually because there is somewhat of chaos and bad energy floating around the office.

However, this morning Bill Winston was speaking on the God factor and how God places His people amongst the "wicked" so that we can change the atmosphere. As scripture tells us we are to let our light shine so that men but see Christ within us so that the Father in Heaven can be glorified (Matthew 5:16).

What does this have to do with peace? Merriam-Webster defines peace as follows

1. a state of tranquillity or quiet
2. freedom from disquieting or oppressive thoughts or emotions
3. harmony in personal relations
4. a pact or agreement to end hostilities between those who have been at war or in a state of enmity



Scripture says that God will give you peace that transcends all understanding. So you can be tranquil, quiet, think on and keep your emotions tranquil/quiet, have great relationships, and be a mediator for those who are in strife all from a state of peace.



If I participate in the chaotic nature of my office environment I am making a conscious decision to step out of peace and enter into war.

"If peace is really what you want, then you will choose peace. If peace mattered to you more than anything else and if you truly knew yourself to be spirit rather than a little me, you would remain nonreactive and absolutely alert when confronted with challenging people or situations. You would immediately accept the situation and thus become one with it rather than separate yourself from it. Then out of your alertness would come a response. Who you are (consciousness), not who you think you re (a small me), would be responding. It would be powerful and effective and would make no person or situation into an enemy." Eckhart Tolle


Every situation we face we have the choice, we can choose peace and love or we can choose war and hate.



Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment