Tuesday, August 16, 2011

MARRIAGE & THE FAMILY

This morning I watched a snippet of Bill Winston's Marriage and The Family Series and I must say I was abundantly blessed from 20 minutes and had a change in my thoughts that I pray sticks with me forever.

Pastor Winston started the message speaking on how men and women were not created to marry to complete each other. When God made man, God made man a complete, whole being. One of the most important things that I gathered from the message was that Man is not only the foundation of the family, Man is the foundation of society. We have been taught that family is the foundation of society, the Man is the foundation of the family and if the Man's foundation is solid, then the marriage of man and woman and the creation of their family can do nothing but project the power of God and the Kingdom of God and keep societies foundation solid.

Pastor Winston's scriptural reference to support his belief that Man is the foundation, God created Man from the earth (Genesis 2:7). God formed woman from man. Therefore Man is the foundation upon which the woman is to rest in and get protection from. Until she is married her father is the foundation. (Trust I am not doing the series that much justice in but shedding some light. Feel free to watch him on television and/or visit his website to purchase a copy of the series).

About marriage, Pastor Winston stated "The Lord didn't intend for us to marry until we are complete. We need to be whole people that don't need anything." I must say that statement blew my mind and made me take a step back. I am already on a wonderful personal journey that has led me to spend more time with God, more time with myself and my son and I am grateful that I am on the right track in my journey.

Ok, what has happened to our foundation, man. The foundation was broken when Adam ate the fruit from the tree of good and evil. Man did not fall until Adam ate of the tree. Had Adam not ate from the tree man would still have his position. So, when God came into the garden looking for Adam, He was not looking for Adam's physical location, God was looking for Adam's spiritual position. However, this is no way means that man is not still the head!
1 Corinthians 11:3 "But I want you to realize that the head of every man is Christ, and the head of the woman is man,[a] and the head of Christ is God." "Man isn't the head of the household because he makes more money, man is the head because God says that he is!." Pastor Winston

Now I can hear some women saying well I have to do this or that because my husband doesn't do it how it should be done, or he doesn't step up to the plate, whatever so have you that I hear many women gripe about. Well it goes back to the point that two complete beings come together that don't need each other and the fact that the man is the head. Now I can hear someone saying well if I don't need a man and the man doesn't need me why get married.

Pastor Winston didn't go into complete detail about his marriage but he did say he saw his wife multiple times at an office when he was going to visit a friend. Every time he saw her he felt something in his spirit. He told a friend and his friend told him, the Lord told me to tell you Bill do not touch her. Bill obeyed, he said he even moved to another state and went on living his life yet ultimately they ended up together. It wasn't a situation where someone saw something they liked, pursued it with vigor immediately, had to conquer it and needed it to fill a missing void.

I'm not married but my advice would be if you are married if you two both are believers grow in the knowledge of the spirit of the Lord and all shall work itself out.

Pastor had something for the single mothers. I hear a lot of women saying I need a man to help pay my bills, I need a man to help raise these children, only a man can teach my son how to be a man so I must have a man in the house I have got to get married. First and foremost scripture tells us that God is a father to the fatherless. (Psalm 68:5) And there is more good news, we have all messed up we have all fallen short but thank God for grace. You may not be able to do it alone, you aren't suppose to. God is your Source. You were not created to operate without God!

So if you are single like myself. Pastor Winston's advice, when you find yourself whole and in need of nothing, that is when you will truly be ready for marriage and prayerfully your head of household, man, will find you and you will be his rib, support, encouragement ready to stand my his side.

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment