Tuesday, August 30, 2011

YOU ATTRACT WHAT YOU ARE

Now as the saying goes, opposites attract. Yes we learn this from batteries the negative charge always goes with the positive charge in order for batteries to work. However in real life, we usually attract and draw to ourselves what and who we are in some way shape or form.

I began to think about this when I started examining the type of guys that I date. I either find myself dating someone that is emotionally aloof and somewhat unavailable or someone who is too needy emotionally for me. So I was doing some soul searching a few weeks ago and I had an aha moment. In some ways I am emotionally standoffish and unavailable and therefore that is what I have been attracting to me. People come into our lives in an attempt to help ourselves develop and grow and also to help them as well. There is a lesson that can be learned from everyone we meet or encounter, no matter how nice or mean or even evil we thought they were.

I've been seeing that in many books and just different quotes that I read. So every morning I read The Daily Love and today it was about a woman that wrote in how she always attracts men that are more into themselves than into love. The first thing I thought was she is attracting something that is within side of her. And sure enough that was a part of the advice she received. "Now, on to the business of why you are attracting these types of guys. Chances are they are a reflection of you. They are showing you a part of your own psyche that has not fully integrated the humility of walking on The Path." Mastin Kipp

When people come into our lives we have to resist the urge to judge them. Mastin puts it well here "Also, when we resist and judge others, we are actually judging what we have been sent to heal. So the other question I would ask is, How can I be the presence of Love in this situation?"

So if you feel that you are attracting a certain type of mate or even certain kinds of friends look within first, determine what you need to develop change yourself and all things will come into order. "Don't make it about them. Change in yourself what you wish to change in them and all of a sudden they will become unattractive to you and you will set yourself up to attract a whole different kind of man (woman)." Mastin Kipp

Be blessed and be a blessing,
Epiphany Essentials


No comments:

Post a Comment