Wednesday, August 3, 2011

STEER CLEAR OF DREAM KILLERS

There are dreams and desires that Yahweh has placed on your heart and in your spirit because He knows through His Power you can fulfill them. However, an interesting thing happens when we dare to dream, most people feel the need to tell someone else. There is nothing wrong with being excited about your dreams and wanted to share them with others. Its just not wise to share them with the wrong people. What do I mean by the wrong people?

When we tell others of our dreams we are bound to receive one of these responses




  • You want to do what? No one has ever done that before!




  • Where did you get an idea like that? Get your head out of the clouds and come back to the real world!




  • Oh wow, I say go for it but how are you going to do it? It seems like a lot to take on!




  • That sounds wonderful, if there is anything that I can do to help let me know. I will lift you up in prayer, keep the faith!

    In my own personal life I can think of times when I let someone else kill my dream/steal my faith. When I was a freshmen in college I was speaking with one of my roommates and I told her I planned to buy my father a Corvette. As a child I'd always known that was his favorite car and he told me how he was going to buy one for he and I. Well since my dad is the best dad I could have ever imagined here on earth that is something that I wanted to do for him. The first thing my roommate said was by the time you buy your dad a Corvette he will be too old to enjoy it. A part of me thought whatever however, I allowed her words to enter into my subconscious and somewhere I killed that dream and lost the faith that I would be able to follow through.

    Another time I can think of my boyfriend at the times mom was asking me why I didn't know how to cook etc. I told her when I was old enough I would have a maid. She laughed at me and pretty much said good look with that one!

    Now, as I am growing in Christ and growing into my spiritual supernatural self that Yahweh created me to be I realize I could've bought my dad that Corvette and yes, one day soon I shall have a maid/butler!

    Why do I feel this way? Because Yahweh placed these desires on my heart. Psalm 20:4"He will give you your heart's desire and carry out all your plans."

    Psalm 37:4 "Delight yourself in the LORD and he will give you the desires of your heart."

    As we delight ourselves in the Lord he will give us the desires of our heart. As Pastor Bill Winston says if God said it, you can take it to the bank!

    While you are delighting yourself in the Lord remember to be aware of the dream killers and faith stealer's. So what no one has ever done what you want to do before. There is a 1st time for everything! Do not allow another person's negative thoughts or lack of dreams deter you from fulfilling yours including your own negative thoughts. If you know someone is negative in their own life and the lives of others, don't even share your dream with them, keep it to yourself. Sadly, these people I speak of could be regular church attendees that are saved and filled with the holy ghost.

    Share your dreams with those who are faith filled, positive, you see them walking by faith daily and living by faith, those who have positive energy and speak well of themselves and others. Keep in mind no one is perfect and no one is positive all the time but you should know the difference between a positive person and a negative person. Steer clear of those who are negative PERIOD!
    Also be mindful of the back stabbers those who will smile in your face and run and tell everyone how "crazy" you are and what "crazy" idea you have come up with this time. It just keeps negative energy down in your life and allows you to truly focus on your task at hand. Have no fear remember "No weapon formed against you will prosper; And every tongue that accuse you in judgment you will condemn." Isaiah 54:17 Also know what Yahweh blesses no one can curse!




  • All Yahweh needs is a believer, someone who will keep the faith and believe and trust Him. If you can just do your part and do that Yahweh is faithful and just to do just what He said.




    While you are being mindful of the dream killers and faith stealers make sure you are not one yourself!




    Be a blessing and be blessed,
    Epiphany Essentials

    No comments:

    Post a Comment