Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Ungratefully Blessed

I was unemployed for almost a year and a half. I received a full-time job and for the first two months I was so grateful and was just happy to be employed. Then I discovered that while I liked my co-workers, I really didn't like my boss and therefore I begin to dislike my job, I wouldn't want to wake up in the morning and go to work because I didn't want to deal with my boss.

Then one day I had to tell myself, you are Ungratefully Blessed. There are millions of people in our society that do not have a job and wish that they had. God blessed me to be where I am right now so how dare I not be grateful and give thanks for the job that I have everyday. This is the resource that the Source blessed me with to supply my needs.

Philippians 4:19 tells me that And my God will meet all your needs according to his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.

So if, this job is how God sees fit for my needs to be met who am I to question Him? Now that is not to say that I cannot desire to get a new job in a different working atmosphere but until then I will wake up this morning giving thanks for what I do have!

The song writer Walter Hawkins put it well in his song 'Be Grateful' God has not promised me sunshine, that's not the way it's going to be; but a little rain (a little rain) mixed with God's own sunshine, a little pain (a little pain), makes me appreciate the good times. Be Grateful!

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials


2 comments:

  1. Amen! I will not complain but instead be grateful for the oppourtunities that are given to me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen that right sister be grateful and faithful over all things that God has bless you with!

    ReplyDelete