Tuesday, February 23, 2010

TO BLESSED TO BE STREESED

I was blessed by a message from my Pastor on Sunday 'To Blessed To Be Stressed'. The basis of his sermon was Psalm 23:1 "The Lord is my shepherd I shall not be in want"

My Pastor went on to share with us what a shepherd does, they....
  • Guide
  • Protect
  • Provide
  • Comfort

My Pastor also spoke on worry and the root definition of it, to choke. When we choose to worry we are choking ourselves and also PLAYING GOD!. In Matthew 6:25 the bible clearly instructs us not to worry for tomorrow has worries of its own but to seek 1st the Kingdom of God and all good things shall be added unto you!!!!!!

Of course you are probably reading this saying that all sounds good but I am a human being and sometimes I can't help but worry. No problem I will give you that. I will give you 10 minutes to worry about something and then I highly encourage you to turn it over to the LORD. The Lord Is....the Great I AM WHO I AM is whatever you need when you need it and He is bigger than anything you could come up against in this life. I encourage you to look to the hills from which cometh your help. Focus on God, He may not change the storm(s) in your life nevertheless He will change you in the midst of the storm.

Worry is...

  • Useless
  • Unhelpful and
  • Unhealthy!

I mean seriously, think about it what has changed in your life due to you worrying? More than likely you were worried, made a rash decision out of emotions and create a bigger problem than the one you had....think about it for a moment.......

If you can say yes, by worrying your life has gotten better than keep on worrying. If you can be honest and say worry has been of no benefit to you.

I encourage you to turn it over, to read Matthew 6:25-33 and truly Let Go and Let God.

After all you are TOO BLESSED TO BE STRESSED!!!!!!!

And finally I cannot leave this part out but God must be Lord of your life before He can truly be your shepherd (we will visit that topic tomorrow so stay tuned).

Be a blessing and be blessed,

Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment