Thursday, February 18, 2010

YOU DON'T NEED A BALLER, YOU NEED GOD!

Last night, I began reading a book in the bible I'd never read before. The book of Hosea. Often times when I pick up my bible I will just roll the pages through my fingers and wherever it stops I read, so Hosea it was...

The verses below had a profound effect on me as soon as I read it. It made me think about myself in my early twenties, other women in my life that I know, and those whom I don't know, as well as what is being glorified more and more on television shows, songs, and videos. Women looking for "ballers" doing whatever it takes to be in the right place at the right time to get there come up in life. Instead of depending on God and their own talents and abilities.

Hosea 2:5-8 5 Their mother has been unfaithful and has conceived them in disgrace. She said, 'I will go after my lovers, who give me my food and my water, my wool and my linen, my oil and my drink.' 6 Therefore I will block her path with thornbushes; I will wall her in so that she cannot find her way. 7 She will chase after her lovers but not catch them; she will look for them but not find them. Then she will say, 'I will go back to my husband as at first, for then I was better off than now.' 8 She has not acknowledged that I was the one who gave her the grain, the new wine and oil, who lavished on her the silver and gold— which they used for Baal. (In the context of this scripture God is referring to Israel)

While God is referring to Israel in the scripture I want to bring this scripture to modern day, to the women in the World in search of that prince in shining armor that will come and provide for them and their families and save them. First let me tell you that you already have that prince/King and His name is Jesus!

I encourage you women to not forget that God is your Source and your sole Provider! He uses people here on earth to bless you and all of your blessings come from Him, and Him only. He deserves the Praise, the Honor, and the Glory. I think of songs on the radio where the women want to know where the ballers are at, is the man balling, what can the man buy or do for them and it saddens me.

Do not misunderstand me. The bible shows countless examples of men taking care of their families. I also, grew up in a household where my father was the main provider, took care of the household bills etc. I have a traditional feeling on the dynamics of a marriage and a household and what each gender should and should not do. My dad was the man of the house and did what he was supposed to do as a husband.

I just don't want women chasing after a man looking for him to provide what she feels she is lacking materially. I want women to be empowered, know, trust and believe that God supplies all of their needs according to His glorious riches, that God knows what you need before you even speak it, that the Lord is your shepherd and you shall not be in want! So instead of chasing after the ballers, chase after God and Praise your Way through!

Never give any man/woman on earth more time, attention, dedication, and love then you give God for all good things in your life come from Him and He wants to be at the top of your list. As the scripture states plainly in Matthew 10:37 37"Anyone who loves his father or mother more than me is not worthy of me; anyone who loves his son or daughter more than me is not worthy of me; 38and anyone who does not take his cross and follow me is not worthy of me. 39Whoever finds his life will lose it, and whoever loses his life for my sake will find it."

Once you get in a right relationship with the one above and you love others as you love yourself, do unto others as you would have them to do unto you, and seek 1st the Kingdom of God, all good things will be added on to you. You won't have to look for them they will chase you down and over take you!

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment