Sunday, January 15, 2012

GET STARTED BUT MAKE SURE YOU FINISH

I was reading this month issue of Black Enterprise magazine and I was once again inspired, inspired to do more and to be more. I shared with a co-worker this inspiration and he told me, “You are already motivated to be a business owner/entrepreneur.” He was 100% correct, I went back to my desk and I sent him an IM that stated I realized I am a great starter however I need to be a great finisher. HE then responded that I made him look in the mirror himself as he felt the say way.

When I get an idea, I am on fire, I do research, create presentations, tell others about my idea and what I am going to do and then somewhere I lose steam, the gas runs out and instead of going to refuel I abandon the car on the side of the road.
Am I the only one who has abandoned cars on the side of the road? Are there any cars that you have abandoned in your life for whatever reason? If the answer is yes, I encourage you to go to the gas station buy a gas container go back to your abandoned car and fill it up get in put the key in the ignition and get back on the road.
It is great to be able to start something as there are many people who don’t even do that. Yet, starting is not enough finishing is the most important thing. Oddly, we learn a lot from our parents and pick up a lot of things from them that we don’t realize. My mother herself is a great starter, a woman full of wonderful ideas; however she needs to become a great finisher.

So I choose to be the change in my family and start following through and finishing things that I start. I know what I want in life, I am well educated, and I know a lot of the right people, the only thing that has kept me from finishing and reaching my true potential is I.

It could be fear, laziness, complacency, lack of motivation etc. Whatever it is, on this day, I choose to push that all aside, follow through and finish!
How do you finish you may ask? You choose to finish, you make the conscious decision to do better. I read a blog post from The Daily Love the greatest force in our lives is our power to choose. You may say, you didn’t choose your parents, your family, where or how you were born, you didn’t choose the tax bracket you were born in be it poverty, working class, middle class, wealthy. You are 100% correct but everyday now in your adult life you have the power to choose where you will go, what you will watch/read/hear/see/be/do. You choose, you choose, you choose!
Make the choice to be a great starter and a great finisher today. Let’s stand together and hold each other accountable.

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment