Tuesday, January 24, 2012

WHAT'S YOUR PASSION?

What’s Your Passion?

Today’s blog is starting off a little differently. I received a comment from a faithful reader. Actually she emailed and told me she was waiting on my blog post for today. My response to her was that I was tired and slightly behind. I actually did not intend on writing one today but she e-nspired me to stay on top of my own business with this comment:



“It is because of you I have started to work out a least 3 times a week, change my eating habits, drum roll........................................... and now I am wearing my natural hair. I have no chemicals in my hair and I love it. Most of all the men love it. It's a lot of work but it's worth it. Jo you have inspired me to love me by taking care of me. Love you girl. Keep up the good work.”



Thank you to all who faithfully read Epiphany Essentials Blog. If you have been inspired, encouraged, engaged, enformed, or enlightened in any way please feel free to share your comments with us on our website http://epiphanyessentials.blogspot.com or via email epiphanyessentials@yahoo.com.



I learned early on that one of my gifts was gathering information, sharing it with other and ultimately helping people. I will say that is my top gift or natural ability With that said in October of 2009, I started Epiphany Essentials blog as a way to pursue my passion. Today as I was writing this I took a break to examine my very 1st blog post. I see that my blog has evolved over the past 3 years which is great but there are key fundamentals that made me start this blog that I need to get back to as well. . So I ask, what is your gift?



What is your gift or natural ability? What is something that you do without having to be asked twice and that you willingly and gladly do for free? Whatever your answer is that is your passion. Your passion is related to your purpose and whether being compensated or not pursue your passion for the fulfillment of your purpose.
Many people feel unfulfilled in life I believe it is mainly because we are not in the career/profession that we should be in. Until your passion can produce a profit you do need to have something in the pipeline to generate income but remember to focus on your goal. By all means be realistic but do not forget to have a measure of faith as well.



While many in the 99% are upset at the 1% and have sparked an Occupy Movement around the world, being a part of the 99% there is something we can do. I met a man who said the problem with our economy is that 10% of the people employ 90% of the population. So imagine 10 people own business with 5 open positions, and 90 people need a job. 40 people are going to be unemployed. Now the 40 people have some choices, they can collect unemployment, they can wait for someone to retire or be fired, or they can start their own business.


In this economy right now, millionaires and billionaires are being created. There are people who are fed up with the status quo and instead looking for a job are creating their own businesses.



Why? I believe one reason is because desperate times call for desperate measures. When you are fed up enough, you find a way or make one and refuse to settle for failure or mediocrity.



So again, I ask what is your passion? Turn that into a side hustle or a way to generate a different form of income. The wealthy know that multiple streams of income is the key to wealth and sustained wealth building.
Before you tell me that you don’t have time to follow your dreams and pursue your passion. I ask, how much television do you watch, what do you do on your “free time”?



Again it is not always about money. Receiving that email today warmed my heart. To think that my blog has impacted 1 person and changed their life is all the reward I need because that is why I do what I do.



To E-nspire, E-ncourage, E-nform, Engage, and Enlighten!


As I share with all of you, I am also encouraging myself to do better, be better, work harder, and strive for the greatness I deserve!


Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment