Tuesday, February 8, 2011

I CAN DO WHATEVER I WANT TO DO, RIGHT WRONG!

On Sunday I watched TD Jakes. He was preaching from a lesson The Right and Wrong of It All. The program I watched was 30 minutes and if you include the commercials, I received about a 15 minute preview of the message. Nevertheless it was enough to make me think and also make me want to share.

We can be right wrong. I must admit as I type that saying is funny to me. As initially I wondered as you may be right now, how can I be right wrong? Before I answer that let me say that as Jakes said and as we all know
our actions create an after effect. We must be prepared for the ramifications of our actions at all times.

Back to this right wrong, how can you be right wrong. If you are an adult reading this or over the age of 18 as that is when this phrase usually starts while in your parents home "I am grown I can do what I want to do." Many adults who are working, living alone and supporting themselves say this as well. I'm grown!

Yes you are grown however, every action has an equal and opposite reaction. So here are some examples Jakes used of being right wrong:

  • I do not have to put up with this I will just quit my job
  • I can date who I want to date I didn't find out he was married until after the fact and frankly I don't care at this point
  • I can go to the club every weekend my kids will be alright
  • They upset me so I am going to get even, not talk to them or simply hold a grudge

In every example above you are completely right in the fact that you can do what you want to do. After all God gave us free will, Eve exercised her free will to eat the apple and convinced Adam to do the same thing and here we are today!

Yes you can quit your job however, will you then be sitting at home worrying about your bills, worrying about your next meal?

Yes you can date whom you want to date. Are you prepared for the mental, emotional, and physical toll that the situation will create? Are you considering the fact that you desire marriage and desire a faithful mate? Do not be deceived, God cannot be mocked you reap what you sow. (Galatians 6:7)

Sure you can party every weekend like its 1999 however, consider the effects that it will have on your children and their future?

The last point of people doing something to you and you seeking revenge, becoming angry or holding a grudge. Jakes explained it like this, if you believe what the bible says that everything works for your good, you must take the good with the bad and realize that God has a plan for your future. There is no use in blaming people that were simply tools to get you where God wants you to be. The bible tells us that we wrestle not against flesh and blood but against the principalities, rulers of darkness and evil forces. Jakes even mentioned some of the worst things that could happen like a child or family member being murdered. In that situation of course you will be hurt, you may even initially be angry however, God says that vengeance belongs to Him (Romans 12:19).

So take some time to consider areas of your life where you have been right wrong meaning, you had the right to do what you did but you were wrong in doing it. You could have very well been right yet you went about something the wrong way. Remember the road to hell was paved with good intentions.

Question to Ponder: Why is wrong only wrong when you are the victim?



Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment