Tuesday, February 8, 2011

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

I Corinthians 10:23

New International Version (©1984)
"Everything is permissible"--but not everything is beneficial. "Everything is permissible"--but not everything is constructive.

New Living Translation (©2007)
You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is good for you. You say, "I am allowed to do anything"--but not everything is beneficial.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“All things are lawful,” but not all things are helpful. “All things are lawful,” but not all things build up.

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
All things are lawful, but not all things are profitable. All things are lawful, but not all things edify.

International Standard Version (©2008)
Everything is permissible, but not everything is helpful. Everything is permissible, but not everything builds up.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
Someone may say, "I'm allowed to do anything," but not everything is helpful. I'm allowed to do anything, but not everything encourages growth.

King James Bible
All things are lawful for me, but all things are not expedient: all things are lawful for me, but all things edify not.


Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment