Thursday, March 5, 2015

NETWORKING 101 - WHAT NOT TO DO

Last Wednesday after a pretty exhausting day at work, I went to an Empire event at the Bureau Bar to support my favorite bartender.  The plan was to have cocktails with my girls and unwind.  Well a gentleman was there looking to do some business, great.  My favorite bartender asked me to act as her manager and speak to the gentleman.

Once the conversation was started with the gentleman and I, it never ended!!!! This is what NOT to do.  In a club, bar setting unless a business meeting was scheduled, it is NOT the time to discuss business.

It is the time to PIQUE someone's interest, give them a 2 minute or less spiel and then exchange information if there is a mutual interest.  

The gentleman is obviously passionate about his idea, which is completely understandable.  However there is a time and a place for everything.  My girls and I couldn't even enjoy ourselves as this gentleman would not stop talking.  Once he finished with the business portion, he then jumped in our personal conversation.


I received a call while he was speaking and he seemed a bit offended I took the call.  He had already spoken to me for over 15 minutes and I didn't schedule a meeting with him.  By this point I had his card and knew the gist of what he was looking for.


So Networking 101 - DO NOT talk someone's ear off in a club or bar if they were not invited there by you for that purpose.  


DO pique interest and follow-up!!!!!!

There are 302 days left in this year, make them count!!!!!!


You may have experienced disappointment, lack, set backs, loss etc. Nevertheless, you are still here, life goes on, and you must Take Charge, OWN your Life, and be in CONTROL. ~ 


by Jamesia Johnai Hawk
Namaste, Peace, Love, Joy, Abundance, Health and Vitality to ALL!

Epiphany Essentials Links
Website: www.epiphanyessentials.com 
Twitter: @epiphanyessenti https://twitter.com/EpiphanyEssenti
Email: epiphanyessentials@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment