Tuesday, March 16, 2010

ARE YOU PROPERLY CLOTHED DAILY?

I receive different emails daily. This is taken from the Heartlight Daily Verse. When I read it I thought to myself oh my goodness I have been preparing my outward self daily to go out into the world yet I haven't been truly, sincerely preparing my inner self. This made me reflect on a conversation I had this past Sunday and also on my behavior this past Thursday. If I am the light, if I have been called out of the world, if the spirit of the living God is truly living in me people need to see it in my actions daily. It is not enough for me to love, be kind, compassionate and caring toward those who treat me that way I am supposed to do it to all people. Now of course I am human, I will get angry and feel hurt yet I think of the scripture that tells us to be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry. So just because someone hurts me, or is unkind to me doesn't mean I treat them that way in return. The scripture clearly says do unto others as you would have them do unto you. It is time for us Christians to grow up and truly let our light shine!

Colossians 3:12As God's chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness and patience.
Thoughts on today's verse
"Wonder what I'll need to wear to that meeting?" Paul reminds us that there is a set of clothing that is always in style. We wear this clothing because we are special. This clothing is from the Ultimate Designer's collection called character and is best worn when with other people. These qualities are hard to wear, but always a blessing to those who meet us when we're decked out in this wardrobe.

Prayer:
Abba Father, thank you for bringing me into your family. May I never disappoint you in the way I treat others. May they see in me the qualities of character that can only be attributed to your presence in my life. To you be the glory and the honor, forever and ever, through Jesus my Lord. Amen

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment