- Set up a high-risk health insurance pool to provide coverage for uninsured people with medical problems
- Starting six months after enactment, requires all health insurance plans to maintain dependent coverage for children until they turn 26; prohibits insurers from denying coverage to children because of pre-existing health problems.
- Bars insurance companies from putting lifetime dollar limits on coverage, and canceling policies except for fraud
- Provides tax credits to help small businesses with up to 25 employees get and keep coverage for their employees
- Begins narrowing the Medicare prescription coverage gap by providing a $250 rebate to seniors in the gap, which starts this year once they have spent $2,830.
- Reduces projected Medicare payments to hospitals, home health agencies, nursing homes, hospices and other providers
- Imposes 10% sales tax on indoor tanning
Taken from yesterday's RedEye
Be a blessing and be blessed,