Thursday, January 3, 2013

Love Yourself in 2013!!!! Love Your Sisters!!!!!!

"When you judge someone, you don't define them, you define yourself."

Romans 2:1 "You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things." (NIV)

This blog was inspired by an experience I had yesterday while in the nail shop.  My NYE mani polish choice color is black.  There was a woman sitting next to me in the chair at the same time I was getting my pedi.  We both were also sitting under the dryer.  She was on the phone talking about who knows what and then said to whomever was on the phone, I saw on the news that 90% of men don't like black nail polish!  Amazingly, I wasn't phased.  She went on to say that she prefers neutral colors blah, blah, blah.  Now, it may have been no shade toward myself but who knows.  But, what if I weren't the confident woman that I am?  What if that statement made me feel ashamed or insecure?  Oddly, the woman was wearing a short hair cut, short enough where she goes to the barber and not the salon.  It's my understanding that men like women with longer hair BUT I guarantee there is a man that loves her with her short hair.  The thing is, when I leave my home I leave with confidence!  On top of that, I'm not trying to please all men, I'm trying to please my man while staying true to me.  Different men like different things, there isn't a one size or one model fit all.

For all of us women, it is time to love ourselves, love our sisters and uplift and encourage them in love.  Its time to stop looking at one another with judgment and start looking through the eyes of understanding and compassion.

I'm guilty myself I see many women out and about and think what in the world, why is she wearing this or that.  Maybe because she wants to! Maybe because that's all she knows! Maybe because that is all she has!  That is ok.  There are women that are highly sexually promiscuous, instead of talking about them, think with compassion, maybe they were molested, raped, didn't feel loved growing up, something just may be there that they are searching for and dealing with in their own way.

I like Nas' song Addiction, The World is an Addiction, EVERYONE, has an addiction that they use to cope with.  Some are more destructive than others but SIN is SIN is SIN!


I think about church folk that judge the way people come to church dressed, celebrate the fact that they are there, embrace them, be an example, and try to meet them where they are at.  That is what you want the Most High to do for you right?  How long have you been going to church and reading the Word, and struggling doing things that you know you aren't supposed to be doing?

My daily devotion this morning included this message, "clean up your own house before trying to minister to other!" Once you get your house in order, that doesn't make you perfect, nor should you get on a pedestal of high and mighty BS, you should be grateful and thankful and minister in love, with the fruit of the spirit!

When you see a sister, compliment her, speak words that will uplift, encourage, motivate, inspire, or simply make her smile.  Even if it is a simple Good Morning, have a great day!  No need to be concerned with what she's wearing, what she has or doesn't have, how she looks, etc.  Unless she looks like she needs some help.

We must first respect ourselves and respect each other if we want men to respect us.  Respect must be earned, commanded, and demanded by being respectful to oneself!

Be a blessing and be blessed! Namaste! Peace! Love! Joy! Kindness! Self-Control!

No comments:

Post a Comment