Friday, January 4, 2013

Parents, Build your childs Spirit, Don't Destroy

The more I learn about me, life, and others, the better woman and mother I become.  Its a work in progress but I'm making a conscious effort to change and see things more clearly.

Yesterday, my son wanted to go to Taco Bell, he saw a commercial so I obliged, when we got to Taco Bell, I was singing an old R&B hit and my son turned down the radio.  I turned it back up, look at him and said in a nasty voice "don't touch my radio!"  His expression immediately changed, he appeared sad.  At that very moment, I chipped away a piece of my child's spirit!!  He then looked at me and said, I thought we were going through the drive through.

My son was being considerate and thoughtful, I was been an a--hole!!!!!  I immediately apologized BUT an apology would not have been needed had I said in a nice, loving way, son why did you turn down the radio?  Because guaranteed there will come a time when I or someone do something similar to him and he may snap.  Why because that is what he is learning from myself and other adults.  You can jump the gun, mess up, and once you apologize EVERYTHING is magically ok!  No, how about we start doing better because we know better?

This one will be short and sweet, that is just one example but I'm sure you can think of other examples for yourself, how you may have or may be breaking your child's spirit.


My hope is that my son and I have the best relationship, until I transition from earth.  In order to have that I have to be open, compassionate, and give him unconditional love.  His home should be a safe haven for him where he is loved, encouraged, motivated, uplifted, and disciplined for starters.

So each day I'm making a conscious effort to be a better woman and mother!

Be a blessing and be blessed! Namaste! Peace! Love! Joy! Self-Control! Prosperity!

No comments:

Post a Comment