Tuesday, January 14, 2014

TAKE CHARGE TUESDAYS ~ DISCOVERING YOUR PASSION

Take charge Tuesday's are dedicated to Entrepreneurship, starting your own business, and the monies you can find/use to get on the road to independence and fulfilling your dreams.

The 1st step mentioned last week was:

Determine what you are great at, what type of business would you like to have? What are you passionate about?  What do you love to do so much that you would do it whether you were paid to or not?

If you are someone who doesn't know exactly what you are good at, what you like to do, or how to turn what it is you love into a business that will generate revenue its alright.

I personally like helping people.  I've always known I wanted to help people.  My help comes in the form of giving business, financial, health/fitness, and educational advice.  My dilemma was how to turn that into a profitable business.  

So I came up with the bright idea to start a consulting service.  Great I had the service but where were my clients?  Where was the money going to come from?  So last year, I began with a Vision board, I then started attending networking events, I wrote the vision and made it plain, and I set goals for myself. Then began working on my brand image.

Were there times I became discouraged? Fearful? Sad? Wanted to give up? Absolutely however that is when I had to remember my WHY.  If you read last weeks post apart of starting a business is to create your WHY.  My why is because I want to see others succeed and I know my gift will give them the knowledge, education, and inspiration they need to do so.  My why is because I want to build an empire and leave a legacy to my children's children and future generations to come.  My why is because of my younger cousins and nephews; I want them to be able to see what can be accomplished when one is determined and focused.  

My why is bigger than myself and it is not about wealth accumulation or making money.  If you go into business solely to make money you will not find happiness in it.  How do I know?  You go to work everyday to make money and are probably still miserable because you do not love what you do.  You must love what you do, if you love what you do the money will follow.

So how am I monetizing my passion?  I have online webinars focused on career workshops that I conduct almost once a month, I generate ad revenue from this blog, I am in the process of creating workshops and seminars that I will market to individuals, businesses, and schools to help them succeed all for a fee of course.

So, if you don't know what your passion is.  Take the time to think about what it is you love to do and would do if no one paid you.  It can be cooking, baking, sewing, making cocktails, etc.  

Peace, Love, Joy, Abundance, Health, Success, Vitality, NAMASTE!

Epiphany Essentials Links

Follow Us on Twitter @epiphanyessenti https://twitter.com/EpiphanyEssenti
Like Us on FaceBook Epiphany Essentials https://www.facebook.com/pages/Epiphany-Essentials/157878129813
Email us epiphanyessentials@yahoo.com

 

No comments:

Post a Comment