Thursday, January 27, 2011

BE THANFUL.....

I received a text message that troubled my spirit it stated....

"Be thankful that you aren't insecure, be thankful that you know the direction that your life is heading, be thankful that you have options, be thankful that your nights are spent losing sleep, be thankful that you don't cry at the drop of a hat because something triggers an emotion you are trying to suppress. Be thankful you are not me."



The only difference between this person and myself is that I believe what God says. I walk by faith and not by sight and I choose to focus on the positive instead of dwelling on the negative. My life is far from perfect. I am not necessarily exactly where I want to be nevertheless I know that I am blessed and highly favored. I refuse to give in to the enemies tactics. I choose to fill myself with the word daily to build myself up and plant the right things in my subconscious to become better and better daily.

Now let me pick this text message apart,



Be thankful you aren't insecure......



I Corinthians 3:16 "Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's Spirit lives in you?" Now why would anyone be insecure we are children of God which makes us gods (Psalm 82:6), now we aren't Elhoim I am not saying that but as Pastor Winston put it dogs produce dogs, cats produce cats, goats produce goats, so God produced us....gods (John 10:34)! Not only that his spirit is alive in us. Not only that Jeremiah 1:5 "I knew you before I formed you in your mother's womb. Before you were born I set you apart and appointed you as my prophet to the nations." We have a purpose and a calling that is bigger than us, our "problems/circumstances."

Be thankful that you know the direction your life is going....



Jeremiah 29:11 "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."


Be thankful that you have options.....

Yes I have options, everyday when I wake up I choose happiness or I choose sadness. The joy of the Lord is my strength (Nehemiah 8:10). The bible says let the weak say I am strong and let the poor say I am rich. So in the morning I choose to thank God and speak His Word, life over myself, my son, my household.

Be thankful that your nights aren't spent losing sleep....



Psalm 127:2 "2In vain you rise early and stay up late, toiling for food to eat—
for he grants sleep to
a those he loves. " He gives me sleep because he loves me, he loves you too but you have to recognize and accept his love. "We love Him because He first loved us."



Be thankful that you don't cry at the drop of a hat because something triggers an emotion you are trying to suppress....

Philippians 4:7 "And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus."

Be thankful you are not me...

I am thankful that I am only me as God created each of us differently yet with a purpose! In a way though we are the same for Genesis 1:27 "So God created man in his own image, in the image of God he created him; male and female he created them." I heard a preacher say once while in college, when God created you he broke the mold. No one on earth has your fingerprints nor your exact DNA make-up for a reason because Romans 12:6 "We have different gifts, according to the grace given us. If a man's gift is prophesying, let him use it in proportion to his faith." I attended a conference for women at Mars Hill Baptist Church and the 1st lady stated that when we look in the mirror and speak of all our "imperfections" we are telling God he didn't know what He was doing when he created us. Then she had us put together a puzzle of a butterfly. Each piece of the puzzle was different yet they all came together to make one beautiful butterfly. That is how we are to God, we are all different but each of us and our different talents and gifts are needed.

Be a blessing and be blessed,

Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment