Friday, January 28, 2011

TRUST YOUR INTUITION

My son started Kindergarten this past August and it was a tumultuous process in the beginning. I wrote a blog back in September as his school was interested in sending him to a mental institution in place of school to deal with his "behavior" issues. They felt that was needed as in their professional opinion he was out of control.

As parents we were at our wits end trying to figure out how to make his transition into Kindergarten better and deal with the issues at hand. Since the behaviors his teachers and school officials described were above and beyond things he would do at home as parents we decided to take our sons side and be an advocate for him as that is our job.

So we transferred him to a different school. Now in no way were we running from the issues at hand. We made adjustments necessary as parents for him. We realized however, his school was not willing to do the same.

Well, his father picked up his report today and the report is.... 3 A+s (Science, Writing, Reading), A (Math), B+ (Behavior), B (Homework, his dad and I fault he didn't complete his Christmas break packet nor turn it in so that brought his A down). Now has he been on 100% perfect behavior at this school not at all. Nevertheless he is in the classroom 100% of the time learning and developing. Oh yeah, he also scored above level on his standardized tests and his school has increased his goal for the spring test and expects him to meet and exceed those as well.

You may be wondering what did I know as a mother? I casted my cares on the Lord for He cares for me! I speak life into my son everyday and over him everyday. I am leaning on the one who is able to do exceedingly and abundantly above all I could ever ask for or imagine. For I know my sons future and it is blessed and prosperous. I know my son is a mighty man of god, a godly man, he is a faith man, a believer of Christ. I know it because I speak it and we as his parents are training him in the way he should go so when he is older he will not depart from it. I choose to keep a positive attitude no matter what and not speak what I see but call those things that be not as though they were!

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment