Friday, January 21, 2011

SCRIPTURE OF THE DAY

Job 1:9-11 9 “Does Job fear God for nothing?” Satan replied. 10 “Have you not put a hedge around him and his household and everything he has? You have blessed the work of his hands, so that his flocks and herds are spread throughout the land. 11 But now stretch out your hand and strike everything he has, and he will surely curse you to your face.”

I heard Pastor Joel Osteen preach on this sometime at the end of last year and I began thanking God regularly for being my hedge of protection. Then recently I heard Pastor Bill Winston preach on this as well, yesterday while sitting in my parked car it was side swiped. My first words were Oh My God as I couldn't believe what had just happened. Nevertheless, I remained calmed and thankfully the lady pulled over and gave me all of her information. I called my sister and a friend to tell them what happened, never once did I utter anything negative. As I was talking to my friend telling him what happened I abruptly changed the subject by saying, nevertheless all is well, and I went on to tell him some great news.

While driving I reminded myself that my car was fine and still drivable although admittedly I don't like for it to be dirty let alone a little damaged. I am in good health and no one was harmed. Now I will admit in my mind, some fear creeped in. Fear about parking in that spot again, fear about driving without a driver side mirror, fear, fear, fear!

Yet, when I spoke I thanked God for being my hedge of protection. I repeated the scripture that the Lord did not give me a spirit of fear but a spirit of power and love. Although my thoughts are sometimes contrary I am mindful of what I speak. I chose to speak the Word and speak the Word only. I had joy in my heart yesterday before, during, and after the accident and I still have my joy right now for God is good all the time and he is my hedge of protection!

I remember Pastor Bill Winston saying the devil wants your mouth and he will put you in situations to have you speak contrary to the Word of God. So I am thankful that in this instance I chose to speak the Word only and I pray that whatever I face I remember to speak the Word only.

This morning while riding up in the elevator the spirit spoke for me and told me to pray for the lady that hit my car. I prayed for her, I prayed blessings unto her, I prayed that the Lord was her hedge of protection, and I also prayed that she and I both would be free of future accidents.

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment