Monday, January 24, 2011

LIVE IT AND POSSESS IT!

A friend and I were talking this weekend. Someone told my friend loosely quoted "do you realize who you are? I don't think you do or you would represent yourself better." My friends response loosely quoted "my bank account doesn't reflect that so I don't believe it."

Money is not the sole determining factor of success. It bothers me that in the African American community we feel the need to have big homes and fancy cars in order to show the world that we are successful. Do not get me wrong there is nothing wrong with having these things however, none of these things give you happiness or joy nor determine success. There are people who have those things and they are struggling financially trying to make ends meet.

It is more important to build yourself up from the inside and what is inside of you will manifest on the outside. Luke 6:45 "The good man brings good things out of the good stored up in his heart, and the evil man brings evil things out of the evil stored up in his heart. For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks." Unfortunately many of us are looking at this practice the wrong way. We believe that if we can change our outward appearance or outside circumstances we will feel better inside. Let me tell you right now and believe me if you want to, It starts from within!

Scripture tells us that when we ask to believe that we receive and do not doubt and we shall have it. So first you must believe that you have something before you receive it. If you believe it is already yours you will act accordingly.

Walk it and live it before you possess it! And no this is not a fake it to you make it comment. This is a believe and receive comment. Faith is the substance of things hoped for the evidence of things not seen (Hebrews 11:1).

Before many people experienced success and wealth they imagined/believed they had it. To quote Kanye West "before I had it I'd close my eyes and imagine the good life."

"Successful people are inspired by their dreams, and they focus on the means to reach them, not on what's keeping them from realizing them. Inventors see their inventions. Artists see their completed works. Successful entrepreneurs see their businesses thriving. Visionaries, social workers, nonprofit workers, even some politicians see society changed for the better."

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment