Tuesday, January 11, 2011

DEVIL GOT YOUR TONGUE?

I am being abundantly blessed by the Word of God and I want to be a blessing. If anything that I ever write just helps 1 person, I am happy and satisfied with that.

There are sayings we have heard over and over again and we repeat them without fully understanding them. As we grow, mature and develop we can hear something we have heard hundreds/thousands of times yet the impact is different.

I am sure most have heard and said....
Proverbs 18:21 "The Power of Life and Death are in the tongue."
I am sure must have also heard and said these as well....
I am dying to go
My feet/back are/is killing me
You/he/she/it makes me sick


James 3:10 says "Out of the same mouth come praise and cursing. My brothers, this should not be."


I have personally decided to be mindful of the words that I speak for I want my words to have power and I want to be able to decree a thing and it be. For when God said let there be light, there was light (instantly as soon as he said it!).


Jesus tells us in Matthew 21:21 "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done."


(Now yes there must be some faith behind the words that you speak and I will go into that soon but not today.)



We cannot have it both ways. We cannot speak life and death with the same tongue and expect one and not the other to happen. If we want our words to have Power, that means when we say you make me sick ( we woud become sick) however, that is not what we want. Yet at times that is what happens for Words are POWERFUL! After all the heavens and the earth were created with words. So your life has been shaped by your words and the words of others that you have allowed to enter your spirit/heart and then spoke with your own mouth as well.

"The enemy creates situations to get our tongues to speak that which is not of God. The devil wants your words, DON'T SPEAK EVERYTHING YOU SEE." (Pastor Bill Winston) For we are instructed to call those things that are not as though they were!

If you read about the Shunammite woman yesterday she is a great example. As a refresher, she sowed a prophets quarters and reaped a son. However, one day her son was out with his father and started complaining that his head hurt the father took him home to his mother he laid in her lap and the scripture said that he died. The Shunammite woman took her son, laid him on Elisha's bed and then went to see Elisha. On the way there she was stopped and someone asked her how was her son and husband, she replied


ALL IS WELL!

now that was a prime opportunity to "tell it like it is" Well, my son was out with his father, his head started to hurt and he died in my lap (now that is truly what happened) however, again I REPEAT DON'T SPEAK EVERYTHING THAT YOU SEE! For we walk by faith and not by sight!



No, this wise woman simply replied all is well. And what she said came to pass. Elisha went to her house and revived her son back to life and all was well.


So the next time you feel that you are telling it like it is, just joking, maybe even signifying think about what kind of Power you want your words to have in your life and in the lives of others and ask yourself,


Does the devil have my tongue?



and also understand that we will be held accountable for our words,


Matthew 12:36 "But I tell you that men will have to give account on the day of judgment for every careless word they have spoken."


NOTE: GOD CANNOT SAY ANYTHING THAT HE DOESN'T MEAN


Isaiah 55:11 "so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it."


This is a process that will take time and effort to alter but it is definitely necessary if we want to experience the fullness of God in our lives.



We are all works in progress! Be encouraged and of good cheer. Speak the Word of God and speak the Word of God only and let God do the Work!

Be a blessing and be blessed,
Epiphany Essentials

No comments:

Post a Comment